– People who can hold their tongues rarely have any trouble holding their friends.
– A man isn’t really poor if he can still laugh.
– The man who thinks he knows it all has merely stopped thinking.
– If the world laughs at you, laugh right back- it’s as funny as you are.
– Ability without ambition is like a car without a motor.
– Ability will enable a man to get to the top, but it takes character to keep him there.
– You can’t make a place for yourself under the sun if you keep sitting in the shade of the family tree.
– Adversity is the only diet that will reduce a fat head.
– We learn somethings from prosperity, but we many more from adversity.
– Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.
– Age is what makes furniture worth more and people worth less.
– Which do you suppose ages faster – whiskey or the man who drinks it?
– Sixty-five is the age when one acquires sufficient experience to loose his job.
– Some girls get married for financial security, others get divorced for the same reason.
– The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you’ll have.
– It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument.
– Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance.
– People who know the least always argue the most.